The Northern Powerhouse Employment and Skills Summit 2019 provides a high-profile forum to showcase your contribution to the North’s future prosperity, growth and potential. We know that record employment doesn’t equal inclusive growth or mean that regional disparities disappear. We also know there are too many prosperity gaps across the North where people and places feel left behind. In a post-Brexit, post-European Social Fund Britain how can the North win more powers over skills and employment, take back control and grow strong local and regional economies?
The Northern Powerhouse Employment and Skills Summit 2019 will bring together senior policy and decision makers, influencers and political and business leaders to take stock and join-up thinking about how to achieve future pan-Northern prosperity and ensure that local industrial strategies are driving-up skills, supporting routes into employment, delivering growth and increasing opportunities to realise the North’s true potential.
The Northern Powerhouse Employment and Skills Summit 2019 will highlight the challenges the North faces, seek solutions and tackle the key questions the North needs to address if we are to put real power into the Northern Powerhouse:
- How can we reduce regional disparities in employment and skills, pay and career progression?
- What kind of jobs, skills, apprenticeships and opportunities do we need to boost prosperity and growth across the North?
- How can we close the gaps and support those who are most disadvantaged in the labour market and create inclusive, thriving and connected places?
- Is devolution the solution to making sure no one in the North is left behind and rebalancing the economy?
- What powers, funds and investment is needed to deliver greater opportunities and growth and put the power back in the Northern Powerhouse?